Virtual Classroom Mentoring
A student needs YOU!
Teammates is an incredible program that aims to partner children with mentors around third grade through (whenever possible) high school graduation. TeamMates virtual classroom mentoring launched in January 2021 and has been so successful that six more classrooms have asked to join. This means that every student in the class will be gifted a mentoring relationship. We have 61 boys and 77 girls that want to be matched with a mentor in the next month!
TeamMates Virtual Mentoring Facts
- Mentors meet virtually with their mentee on the same day and time for 20 minutes, once a week during the school year.
- Mentoring will break for summer and then start up again in the fall again. There may be a change to the day and time starting next fall due to the students’ new classroom schedule.
- Mentors do not need special qualifications to become a mentor. We train and support you along the way.
Take advantage of this opportunity in four easy steps
1. Choose one the following start dates:
- Thursday, February 25
- Day: Beginning Thursday, February 25 and continuing every Thursday until the end of the school year.
- Times: Mentoring sessions are 20 minutes
- Where/How: Using the new, easy to use, TeamMates virtual platform, mentors can sign on from their office or home and connect with their mentee at Laura Wilder Elementary
- Tuesday, March 9
- Day: Beginning Tuesday, March 9 and continuing every Tuesday until the end of the school year.
- Times available: Mentoring sessions are 20 minutes
- Where/How: Using the new, easy to use, TeamMates virtual platform, mentors can sign on from the office or home and connect with their mentee at Rosa Parks Elementary.
2. Choose one the following training dates:
New mentor online training must occur before you begin mentoring. Once you have registered, you will be sent a calendar invite and Zoom link.
- Thursday, February 18, 6-9:00pm
- Friday, February 19, 8:15-11:15am
- Tuesday, February 23, 6-9:00pm
- Tuesday, March 2, 6-9:00pm
- Wednesday, March 3, 8:15- 11:15am
- Thursday, March 4, 6:00-9:00pm
3. Register for your preferred mentoring date, time, and training by clicking .
4. Complete a TeamMates Mentor application by clicking
- The application will ask what CHAPTER (school district) you would like to mentor. Select, Sioux Falls
- Three personal references are required for the application. Make sure to choose reliable references that will respond quickly.
- Upon the completion of the application, the system will email you to fill out a background check and a mentor agreement.
What schools are participating? This opportunity is at Laura Wilder Elementary and Rosa Parks Elementary.
What grade level is my mentee? During this opportunity, you will be matched with a third or fourth grade student.
Will I ever need to go to the school? Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are not planning on the schools being open to guests for the remainder of the year; everything will be done virtually. Next year is unknown at this time.
How will every student in the classroom be mentored at the same time? Each student has their own computer, a headset with a microphone, and Zoom link to connect with their mentor.
What do we do during virtual mentoring? Your first mentoring session will include a list of questions that you and your mentee will ask each other to get to know one another. During Virtual Mentor Training, we will provide a list of games and ideas available for you and your mentee!
Executive Director/Program Coordinator
TeamMates Mentoring Program – Sioux Falls
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: