SCHOOL BASED VIRTUAL MENTORING SUPERVISOR VOLUNTEERS
The mentoring supervision will be needed for a maximum time of 2.5 hours dependent on the lunch schedule of the school. Students (mentees) will come to a designated location, generally a classroom, to meet with their mentor virtually, have their school issued electronic device and will use this device to connect with the mentor while eating lunch during their designated lunch period.
Supervisors Responsibility (two supervisors per site is the preference)
• Complete appropriate unsupervised application and background check prior to starting.
• Be always present in the classroom during the sessions with students and ensuring students are connected, have their video on and are interacting with their mentor.
• Monitor for any concerns of inappropriateness and report to the building administrator if observed or heard.
• Maintain the headsets in the designated room.
• Report to the location a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the first mentoring session starting and will remain until all students leave the mentoring classroom.
• Check in at the main office at the start of their time at the school site.
• Check out at the main office at the end of their time at the school site.
• Assist students in troubleshooting any concerns they have with the technology and in connecting virtually with the mentor.
• Contact LSS if there is an issue with connection.
• Contact LSS at least one hour before their report time if they are not able to attend.
• Ensure room remains clean and sanitary and will disinfect tables/chairs between groups and when all students have left the classroom.
• Attend an orientation session with LSS prior to starting their role.
NOTE: An LSS employee will participate as a supervisor at each site during the mentoring times.
It is the requirement that information shared with the supervisor such as the mentors name, the mentees name, the enrollment of the mentee at the school or other information specific to the child and identification of the child is confidential.
- Lowell Elementary
- Garfield Elementary
- Hawthorne Elementary
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Connect Below to Volunteer!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: