Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:18+
Rake the Town Volunteers
Date: October 25-26, 2019
Click Here to Volunteer
Rake the Town is a community wide event to help the elderly who do not have family available to help with their yard work and are not financially or physically able to do the work themselves. Rake the Town is beneficial to senior homeowners who want to remain independent in their own home but need a little extra help with chores. Our community benefits from the beautification of the neighborhood and the volunteers benefit from the rewarding experience of working together to help those in need.
This two-day event will engage over 1,000 volunteers to rake the yards of 360 elderly and disabled homeowners in the Sioux Falls area. Business groups, individuals, families, sports teams, students, scouts, service clubs, etc are welcome. Leaf bags are provided but volunteers are asked to bring their own rakes and when possible, haul the bags to the leaf drop off site.
For more information dial 211 or complete the forms below.
- We are seeking enthusiastic volunteer groups of co-workers, students, church members, service groups, and friends and family to help the elderly in our community.
- Teams supply their own rakes. WOW provides the leaf bags.
- Teams can register to rake as many yards as they feel they can complete.
- There is no set time to begin raking on Oct. 25 or 26. It is the team leader’s responsibility to set the time to rake.
- Only team leaders need to register.
- Register through the Helpline Center at http://helplinecenter.org/volunteersrake
- Registration Deadline: October 4
Rain Date: Note: Many teams rake rain or shine, snow or sleet and dress for the weather.
Once a team accepts an assignment, they are committing to raking that yard. If inclement weather happens, team leaders should schedule a Rain Date and rake their yard assignments as soon as possible. Remember, the homeowner is counting on you to rake their yard!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: