Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Chronic Disease Lay Leader Training
Become a Better Choices, Better Health© SD Lay Leader to help people better manage their chronic conditions and lead healthier lives. No healthcare or teaching experience is required. In fact, many leaders have a chronic disease themselves and have attended the workshops as a participant.
- September 6, 2018; 8 AM - 4:30 PM CDT
- September 7, 2018; 8 AM - 4:30 PM CDT
- September 13, 2018; 8 AM - 4:30 PM CDT
- September 14, 2018; 8 AM - 4:30 PM CDT
Why become a leader?
- To teach people skills that can make a difference in how they live their lives
- To work with other facilitators in your community
- To learn proven methods to apply to other areas of your practice/life
- To improve leadership, teaching, and group facilitation skills
Here’s what’s involved in the training
- To become a Lay Leader you will attend a 4 day training session and agree to a minimum two-year commitment.
- You’ll receive a leader manual and complete training activities identical to those taught to workshop attendees.
- You’ll learn how to implement and administrate the program and complete a set of practice teaching assignments.
- All materials, handouts, supplies, and lunch/refreshments for the 4 days of training will be provided.
- Lay Leaders often register in pairs since all workshops are co-facilitated by 2 leaders. It is best to have 2–3 trainees for a smaller community or town.
- As a Lay Leader, you must co-lead a workshop within 6 months of completing leader training and commit to facilitate a minimum of one full workshop each year.
- You must attend refresher sessions periodically to maintain certification.
Click Here to Register for the Training.
For more information contact Lori at Lori.Oster@sdstate.edu or 605-782-3290.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: