Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Youth Center Volunteer
Work Schedule: After School Program: Monday thru Friday 4pm-7pm and/or Summer Program: 12pm-5pm
POSITION SUMMARY: Invest in the lives of our community through providing assistance of day-to-day activities, tutor and assist with homework, and building positive relationships with youth.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)
- Tutoring with general class assignments and take-home papers
- Read and correct papers, problems, essays, and other documents
- Assist with classroom activities or field trips
- Promote and provide effective role modeling to encourage education and healthy lifestyles
- Enforcing program rules and guidelines
- Leading, supervising, and assisting with group activities
- Maintaining consistent communication with staff
- Representing the organization in a positive manner
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Keep the game room, classrooms and other areas clean and organized.
- Assist with crafts, games or free-play.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Assist with other duties as assigned
POSITIONS QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Enthusiasm and confidence with youth
- Knowledge of youth development
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- 16 years of age or older
- Prior youth experience
- Education or special education field of interest
- Understanding of technology
- Knowledge and experience working for or with nonprofit organizations
- Comfortable serving a diverse population
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: