Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Street Outreach Volunteer
To provide outreach services to runaway/homeless youth and those at risk of running away or becoming homeless; provide emergency/crisis services to street youth.
- Maintain a consistent schedule of street outreach hours.
- Establish relationships with youth on the street to help them reunite with family, develop goals for the future and assist them in implementing those goals.
- Provide effective role modeling for participants to encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Utilize the youth to develop and enhance Street Outreach programming.
- Work cooperatively with Runaway/Homeless Programs, community partners, and other agency programs to ensure necessary services are available or are created for street youth.
- Maintain consistent communication with supervisor and other staff.
- Document demographic information on street youth contacts,
- Document statistical information on all referrals for services made and all activities conducted with and for street youth for each shift worked.
- Adhere to safety protocols for street outreach teams. Document any incidents occurring during each shift worked.
- Attend program meetings and training sessions.
HOURS: Position requires flexible scheduling. Outreach shifts are scheduled afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
All volunteers must be 18 years old. Must pass a child abuse and neglect and criminal background screening. Excellent oral and written skills required. Individual must possess a genuine desire to teach and guide youth and have the ability to be a positive role model. An understanding and belief in the principles of youth development/involvement is essential.
For more information go to https://www.voa-dakotas.org/get-involved
Connect Below to Volunteer!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: