Volunteer Communication Assistant
Purpose: Assist with creating a regular, consistent schedule of communications – through emails, Facebook, LinkedIn, cards of encouragement, recognition and phone contacts.
Job title: Volunteer Communication Assistant
Job overview: Together with the Executive Director create a communication plan to increase engagement with Arthritis Foundation constituents and event participants.
Tasks: Work closely with the Executive Director and independently to:
- Help increase Facebook presence.
- Help increase LinkedIn utilization.
- Help with implementing an email campaign, and direct mail materials, depending on event schedule, prepare appropriate materials to be delivered to the community promoting events and Foundation resources.
- Help create alternative, cost effective communication materials.
- Be able to commit 1- 2 hour each week – especially during 1st month to facilitate training and orientation, following training at least 1 hour per week.
- Willing to make at least a 4-month commitment.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and accuracy in communications.
Benefits: Volunteers will make a positive difference in community by increasing the awareness of Arthritis Foundation resources, assisting constituents and families to feel more supported as they deal with issues created by arthritis and chronic pain, especially those who are newly diagnosed. Tasks are essential to expand public awareness and to help meet annual Foundation goals and objectives.
Training provided: Approximately 4 hours of training will be provided during the first month as well as on-going support and encouragement.
Schedule: Will coordinate scheduling with the volunteer’s availability.
Location of Volunteer work: Most often, local coffee shop meeting rooms and/or public library meeting rooms as Arthritis Foundation office is in a local in-home office. Flexible based on location convenient to both parties.
Contact: Darci Hustrulid, Arthritis Foundation, 605-728-2659, firstname.lastname@example.org
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: