Ava's House Meeter & Greeter
Ava’s House by Sanford, will provide 24-hour nursing care to patients of all ages in a home-like environment. It will ensure that patients have a comforting place to turn when symptoms and pain are beyond the scope of care currently provided at the Sanford Hospice Cottages or delivered in the hospital, long-term care facilities or in-home settings. Ava's House will feature 16 adult patient rooms and 4 pediatric patient rooms.
Honoring its namesake, Ava Holder, who passed away at 4 years old after a courageous battle against cancer, Ava’s House will also offer one of only four in-patient pediatric hospice programs in the country.
Meeter & Greeter
- The Meeter & Greeter will assist in the reception area of Ava’s House during and outside of normal office hours. This service opportunity is vital to insure the integrity of the care provided by Sanford Health Hospice. As the Meeter & Greeter you will be responsible for several of the day-to-day organizational duties such as:
- Filing and organizing records
- Greeting visitors and guiding them to their destinations
- Management of service areas (coffee stations, kitchens, waiting and reflection areas)
- Coordination of day-to-day activities as assigned
- Optional attendance of Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings at Ava’s House
- Set schedule required (2 hour increments)
Learn more about Ava's House here: https://www.sanfordhealth.org/sioux-falls/services/hospice/avas-house
To volunteer, Express Interest below. For more information, call (605) 312-5511.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: